Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Confinement Food 2 in 1

This is my most favorite food during confinement. Great for dieting too. Porridge.


Since I'm trying to reduce my intake of chicken, which is very very hard as I live to eat chicken, I asked my husband to buy fish rather than chicken. So whenever I look for raw food in my fridge, I'll find fish instead of chicken and give me no other option but to eat fish.

And cooking porridge is so easy peasy. You don't need me to write the recipe here. But I'm writing it anyway :-)

1. Rinse rice with water and boil with 1:4 rice/water ratio.
2. Throw in blended/chopped onion, garlic. It is better to slice ginger instead of blend. (You may also tumis the blended ingredient, but it is better not to as we need not add more oil in our food peeps!)
3. When the porridge is boiling, throw in any vegetable that you like such as carrot, potatoes, the hard part of leafy vegetables, baby corn etc. Throw in chicken/fish/prawn of your preference.
4. For leafy vegetables and mushroom, wait until the porridge is nearly cooked.
5. Salt and pepper for taste, and you're done!

Bon appetite.

3 comments:

singamaraja said...

Salam ziarah dari Singamaraja

Ummu Auni said...

ko makan nasi bubur ni hari-hari ke?

Fattytini said...

singamaraja,
salam perkenalan :-)

ummu auni,
takde la. ada hari-harinya aku kena mengelat. terpaksa makan makanan budak-budak yang tak habis. rendang la kari la. tensyen aku. but weeksday aku sorang je kat rumah boleh la aku masak ikut selera aku.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com