Thursday, April 24, 2008

[33]

Dear Diary,
A lot of people asked me, what's Basal Metabolic Rate? So I said, BMR simply is the calories that you need while you're sleeping. Then they asked me again, so what's the ideal BMR? Because the fact that we have ideal weight, ideal metabolic age, ideal visceral fat bla bla bla, people think we should have ideal BMR as well.

Well, I believe there is no such thing as ideal BMR. Why should we bother about BMR then? BMR tells you a different story than the other measurements. We need to know about our body BMR because BMR sets the minimum calorie intakes that you should consume in a day.

Let takes me as an example. My BMR is 1400+, so I need to eat food at a minimum of 1400+. If I don't take enough calories, then I'll lose lean muscle rather than body fat. Since body fat burns less calories than muscle, I ended up with more body fat stored in my body.

While it is true that to reduce weight you need to reduce calorie intakes, you can't be too rigid to yourself, going for crash diet thinking you're doing any good to yourself, because you don't. Crash diet is not healthy, will never work and make you even more fat and depressed.

Therefore, if I go for any diet plan, my calorie intake must at least 1400+ calories a day. Else, I'll just yo-yo-ing and that would be such a waste of time and energy.

In a nutshell, diet wisely.

2 comments:

Ummu Auni said...

the way i see it, i need to see that digital scale
huwa tak aci
orang lain boleh compare
why ooo why

Fattytini said...

hehehe ye la ye la. nanti aku beli digital scale tu :-p

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com